Problem with check_openmanage and Open Manage 6.3

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Sep 16 15:30:17 CEST 2010

Luca Olivotto <lolivotto at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> i have a problem with the plugin check_openmanage .
>
> if i use this command:
> ./check_openmanage -H xx.xx.xx.xx
>
> i get this result:
> OOPS! Something is wrong with this server, but I don't know what. The global
> system health status is WARNING, but every component check is OK. This may be
> a bug in the Nagios plugin, please file a bug report.
>
> The server that i'm checking is a PowerEdge 2950 and i suppose that the
> problem is the version of OpenManage installed on the server. The version is
> 6.3 and the only warning shown via the webinterface are  the old version of
> the firmware/driver/storeDriver of the controller.
> If i try that command
>
> check_openmanage -H 10.10.10.6 -b ctrl_fw=all/ctrl_driver=all/ctrl_stdr=all -s
> -e
> the output is:
> OK - System: 'PowerEdge 2950', SN: 'xxxxxx', 16 GB ram (4 dimms), 0 logical
> drives, 0 physical drives
>
> as you can see the disk are not checked(that server has a broked mirror).
>
> the version of check_openmanage is 3.6.0

Hi Luca,

Your analysis is correct. OMSA doesn't display storage info via SNMP,
but there is something wrong with a storage component. For some reason,
OMSA senses the storage failure and the global health status inherits
this failure status, but OMSA doesn't display the storage. This
condition will trigger the behaviour you are seeing.

The plugin searches for storage controllers. If it doesn't find any
controllers, it concludes that there is no storage alltogether and will
skip subsequent checks of disk drives etc.

Do you see any controlles by running this command on the server:

  omreport storage controller

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo