[Nagios-devel] FW: Nagios - SunOS

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Wed Sep 8 04:07:02 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 18:53, Tan Kong Jo-B30930 <B30930 at freescale.com> wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>

> This is really a joke, right?
>
> The in-charge person in our team feel soooo afraid to upgrade the SunOS to
> higher versions, just because of lack of technical knowledge.
>
> I suggested on the upgrade, but the boss with that in-charge person.

Hi;

I cannot find an older version of Nagios any better than you --
finding it is half the problem, knowing whether it works on older OS
releases is the other.

You or your boss may have good reasons for keeping the older OS, even
if it's merely a test-platform for regression testing or whatnot --
that's tangental, but we're all curious :)

In order to get you onto the latest Nagios, and help you get the same
release of Nagios across many platforms (making it easier for you to
keep it going, and get help from others in the community) let's go
back to "why did it fail?"

Please give some details about the failure you have experienced, and
let's focus on getting that resolved.  Screenshots, cut-n-paste of the
error message, details of how you're installing (older SunOS uses PKG
spools?), etc.  The more detail you can offer, the faster we may see
the problem and fix it.

Getting you onto the latest Nagios is a win for all of us; let's

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com  "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish