[Nagios-devel] FW: Nagios - SunOS

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Wed Sep 8 04:05:03 CEST 2010

> This is really a joke, right?
>
> The in-charge person in our team feel soooo afraid to upgrade the SunOS to
> higher versions, just because of lack of technical knowledge.
>
> I suggested on the upgrade, but the boss with that in-charge person.

While I think we're getting considerably off-topic for this list,
there are real and unfortunate reasons to run old, outdated OS
releases.

In a previous life, our software development firm simply didn't stop
supporting our software packages.  Ever.  As a result, we had to
keep old SunOS, Solaris, IRIX, AIX, and HP-UX systems running, as
they were our only method of testing customer issues.

Is this ideal?  No.  Does it follow best practices?  Nope.  But it
was a business requirement, and therefore it happened.

Benny

--
"Because you have arms like noodles, while I am vigorous and
burly."                               -- Hodgins, "Bones"