Nagios plain files vs database storage

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Tue Sep 7 15:22:54 CEST 2010

Fyi - plain text files are less system intensive than a db - with our
standalone instances we monitor about 2k hosts per poller (about 10k
active checks).  A db back end makes management and command / control
easier with large deployments but .not needed for just. 400 hosts.

If you want a nice UI, check out fruity or lillac for configuration.

Max