monitoring remote windows machines over vpn

Stefan Fuhrmann stefan at fuhrmann.homedns.org
Mon Sep 6 16:59:01 CEST 2010

Hello all,

Im running nagios 3.2 on ubuntu server 10.04 and want to monitor win 2003/
2008 over  vpn connections. I do a host check:
check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 30 -t 60

I get often a host check time out but when I have a look all is running well

also I do a check_nt with nsclient++ and having also errors :
 could not fetch information
but service is running.

There are hours all is running well, but then I often having notifications with
host cehck time out and check_nt
the VPN firewalls are also monitored and I have no problems there, so the
connections are okay

I googled but can not find further information how to solve this.

Can someone help?

tia
stefan