Detecting Windows Backups?

Matt White lists at matthewjwhite.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 00:59:41 CEST 2010

Hi Kevin,

What do you use for backups?

I just setup backup exec to send SNMP traps to my monitoring server. The processed trap then interfaces with my Opsview install to update a check.

You should be able to do something similar so that when the "Job Started" trap is received the state changes on a dependant check and stops then when a JobSuccess, JobCompleteExceptions, JobFailured, JobCancelled trap is received the state turns back to OK and you can continue monitoring.

I don't know about other backup softwares however this could be helpful,

The other option would be to have a check to see if the ntbackup/relevant .exe file is running using the NSClient agent and then if it is change state this way?