Nagios alert via Twitter - authorization issue

John Antram rewt at dvdmenus.net
Mon Oct 11 17:29:07 CEST 2010

  Hello everyone! Before I attempt to re-invent the wheel with getting
curl:// command lines to authenticate to the new twitter API, has anyone
solved it?

I'm in the middle of moving part of our network to our new building and
just noticed I don't have any tweet-ed alerts since they put the
security on the API.

My command looks like this in command.cfg:

define command {
         command_name    host-notify-by-twitter
         command_line    /usr/bin/curl --basic --user "<user:password>"
--data-ascii "status=[Nagios] $HOSTSTATE$ alert for $HOSTNAME$ at
$SHORTDATETIME$" http://twitter.com/statuses/update.json >> /dev/null
}

Thanks everyone!

John Antram