Monitoring an EMC Celerra

olourkin-nagios at yahoo.com olourkin-nagios at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 20:55:47 CEST 2010

Well, assuming we can get snmpd set up to allow gets despite EMC's claim, we'd
be attempting to monitor the celerra's datamover via the CS.  As far as I
understand, snmpd runs on the CS, so that's where our queries would have to go.
 It's still an open question whether we'd be picking up DM data at that point,
or whether we'd only be seeing data for the CS.

As to what and why I'm looking to monitor this way - I'm in a large organization
with a Nagios implementation that I maintain.  But I don't maintain the
Celerra's.  So I'd much prefer to handle all the check and threshold definitions
within Nagios, rather than having to learn the Celerra config, and then having
to poke the guy who does maintain them until he gets them set properly.

May not work out that way, but I'm at least going to give it a shot.

Cheers,
Erik