How long Nagios keep memorized status and change status informations?

Enrico Zimol lomiz.mail at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:25:24 CEST 2010

Hi at all!
Probably this question will be labeled as "banal" but I can't find
information about it on official documentation.
I need to keep an history of the change status event, and I know that
Nagios don't use database to do it.
I think nagios use a file to store information with which it create
reports, but I can't find exactly what file and of course how long
that informations will be stored.

Looking on official documentation I found only this:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/config.html
and looking on configuration I also found these line:

status_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/status.dat

But this status seems to be the current status, not the history.

Can you give me a link to documentation that explain this?

P.S. I can't use NDOUtils to do that

Thank's for your attention and sorry about this monstrous english :)