significant bug in 3.2.2 - nagios.cfg -- execute_service_checks=0 completely ignored

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Fri Oct 1 08:24:24 CEST 2010

Robert Wolfe wrote:
> Hi all.  My first post here. So please bear with me.
>
> Installed the HEAD release from the Nagios website last night and while everything is working, I am not able to reschedule commands as I get a message saying that the permissions on the nagios.cmd file are not correct.  What should the permissions on this file be?

create a command grp like in the quickstart guides iirc. e.g. nagiocmd

$ chmod 775 nagios/var/rw
$ chown nagios:nagiocmd nagios/var/rw
$ chmod g+s nagios/var/rw

sticky bit for inheriting the permissions to files created below. if
somebody tells you to change permissions only on nagios.cmd in var/rw/
this is only true as long as the core is running. nagios.cmd will be
deleted/unlinked during core shutdown.

also make sure you have put apache user into nagiocmd group. then it
will have the permissions to write the nagios.cmd command file and it
should work properly.

Kind regards,
Michael

DI (FH) Michael Friedrich