significant bug in 3.2.2 - nagios.cfg -- execute_service_checks=0 completely ignored

Stuart Browne stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Fri Oct 1 08:10:39 CEST 2010

Something that your web server can write to, i.e.:

[sjb at monitor nagios]$ grep ^command_file /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
command_file=/var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd
[sjb at monitor nagios]$ ls -l /var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd
prw-rw---- 1 nagios nagios 0 Oct  1 16:02 /var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd
[sjb at monitor nagios]$ id apache
uid=48(apache) gid=48(apache) groups=101(nagios),48(apache) context=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t

Stuart