More than one command defined

Max Schubert maxs at webwizarddesign.com
Fri Nov 19 11:48:08 CET 2010

We went through a couple of rounds of changes with this:
* We first hacked our copy of process_perfdata.pl and added logging to
it, then built a relay to our long term trending data warehouse for
relaying Nagios perfdata to it after allowing PNP to process it for
short term views of the data

Nagios -> PNP NEB -> network -> performance data server -> NPCD queue
-> process_perfdata.pl  -> log -> relay -> network -> data warehouse

* Now we have a POE-based solution in place that processes the
perfdata for PNP and our relay as two data driven events

Nagios -> PNP NEB -> network -> performance data server -> POE server
POE server -> RRD files (replaces npcd and process_perfdata.pl)
POE server -> network -> data warehouse network listener

For both methods we built off of the (at the time very young)
modpnpsender.c NEB module source included with PNP. ; we then migrated
to a NEB modules who's code was based on some NEB code Andreas wrote
that showed how to write to the input of a second external program
over a pipe + an external perl script that relayed the data to the
destination servers over the network (or queued if the network was
down).

Code will be available open source this year for people who are interested.

- Max