No permission to web-interface

Paul M. Dubuc work at paul.dubuc.org
Mon Nov 15 16:24:08 CET 2010

Astakhov Peter wrote:
> Hello, colleagues!
> I installed nagios on RHEL6.
> But I get error on web-interface:
>
> It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for
> any of the hosts you requested...
> If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
> requirements for accessing this CGI
> and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.
>
> I checked /etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf
>
> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi-bin/"

Which display are you trying to use when you get this error?  I have one
instance of Nagios configured with no host groups and this error comes out if
I try to view host groups.  It's a little confusing since it's not really a
permission issue since I have permission to access all the hosts. It's just
that there is nothing to display using that particular query.  There is no
default "all hosts" hostgroup.

Paul Dubuc