Suppress "Max concurrent service checks" messages.

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Nov 12 17:37:30 CET 2010

On 11/12/2010 04:30 PM, Paul M. Dubuc wrote:
> We're running Nagios 3.2.3 with concurrent service checks set to 40.  We can't
> go much higher than this due to resource constraints outside of Nagios but
> we're running 329 services at 5 minute intervals (this is a "load test" of
> sorts not production load ... yet).  Average execution time/latency is 36/11
> seconds so we're seeing quite a few messages like this in the Nagios log file:

If you're doing a "load test" on a system that clearly doesn't handle
production load and thus forces you to run with less than optimal settings,
you're doing things wrong.

> (Informational Message) [11-11-2010 14:55:57] Max concurrent service checks
> (40) has been reached. Nudging<host>:<service>  by 9 seconds...
>
> Is there any way to suppress these messages from being logged?  I don't see an
> option for logging these in the config file documentation.

Not really, no. See my previous comment though. It's equally valid now,
even though about 12 seconds have passed since I wrote it.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.