any macro for viewing host parent?

diego.roccia at gmail.com diego.roccia at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 23:10:43 CET 2010

Isn't it $_HOSTPARENT_HOST$ ?
btw, in order to avoid the double declaration (and human errors) you
could add in generic-host (ot whatever template you define)

define generic-host {
   parents             $_HOSTPARENT_HOST$
   }

and in the real host definition you will define only the custom macro.
Haven't tried it, but it should work

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Paul M. Dubuc <work at paul.dubuc.org> wrote:
> Paul M. Dubuc wrote:
>> John Alberts wrote:
>>> I would like to have our notification emails for service alerts, include
>>> the host parent.  Is there any existing macro I can use to include
>>> this?  I couldn't find anything when googling.  If not, any suggesions
>>> how I might get it in an email?
>>>

>> The way we do this is to use a user-defined macro in the host definition like so:
>>

>> define host{
>>       use                     aps-launcher
>>       host_name               APS-P52
>>
>>       parents                 aps52
>>       __PARENT_HOST           aps52
>> }
>>
>> Then you can expand expand it, $_PARENT_HOST$, in the notification.
>
> I mean that would be $_HOST_PARENT_HOST$
>
>> Unfortunately this means you need to define the parent in 2 places.  Would be
>> nice if there was built-in macro for this, but I don't think there is.

Diego Roccia
diego.roccia (at) gmail (dot) com