Host dependencies on large deployment?

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Mon Nov 8 17:06:50 CET 2010

On 11/5/10 4:00 PM, RT wrote:

> For Host A, I'd like for all other notifications on Host A to be
> disabled when SSH on Host A is critical. I would like to have the same
> behavior apply for Hosts B-Z, each dependent on their own
> locally-running SSH.

Did you mean that you want to disable all notifications for all
*services* on the host if the SSH service is down on the same host?

There would be 3 solutions coming to my mind:

1) Change the "check_command" on the host from "check_ping" to "check_ssh".

2) Manually massdefine servicedependency for all your services on the
SSH service on the same host.

3) Use the patch proposed in "[Nagios-users] Service dependency for nrpe
on nagios 3.2.3":
http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg33827.html

Unfortunately, I did not have time to write tests for my patch since
tests were failing at checkout before I applied my patch. I will have to
find some time to check that out again...

--
Mathieu