Overly persistent contact group

Frost, Mark {PBC} mark.frost1 at pepsico.com
Wed May 26 21:00:11 CEST 2010

Mordur,

Two thoughts on this.  First, I find that I've been burned many times by
contact/contactgroup inheritance.  That is, where you define a contactgroup
for a host and that gets inherited by the service (when I don't want it to).

Second, I rely a lot on looking at the "Configuration" link at the bottom of the
Nagios web interface.  That lets you look and see what's really defined for
all the objects (hosts, services, contacts, contactgroups, timeperiods, etc).
Essentially it allows me to go in and compare what I intended to say in the
configuration with what Nagios really is using.

Mark