localhost DOWN messages, return code 127 is out of bounds

Rick Mangus rick.mangus+nagios at gmail.com
Wed May 19 20:27:42 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Michael Maxwell <mmaxwell at blackarrow.tv> wrote:

>> P.S.  My apologies if I seem snippy.  It's a bad day.  If you provide
>> the info, I promise a speedy, polite response.  :)
>
> No thanks.  I'll use an earlier version.  I'm not exactly having a great day
> either.  A little civility would get a better response from me as I've been
> nothing but civil and have gone out of my way to provide copious amounts of
> information.  And no, I did NOT "blow anyone off" - at least until now.
> Sorry if it sounded that way.

Eh.  The version shouldn't matter, though an older version might come
with a different config.  As far as it goes, Patrick did ask for
information and got this in response:

>Well, I didn't exactly leave this out.  Remember I mentioned that it's a
>clean install from the Quickstart document.  I've changed nothing in it
>other than the admin contact in contacts.cfg.  So whatever's there is there
>in the default localhost checks out of the box.

I will apologize for this line:

> Either provide the requested information, or don't expect much help.

It's tone was unnecessary, but the content was not.  Your problem
could be identified much more simply if you would provide the
information requested.  I didn't intend to offend; such is the risk
with written anonymous communication.

Have a nice day!

--Rick