Full Throttle Nagios

Marcel mitsuto at gmail.com
Tue May 18 20:31:41 CEST 2010

Hi list,

Several times I'm asked about Nagios latency when the number of services go
over a certain number.

Is there any tweak to have nagios scale checkings more than it would after
tweaking every configuration option for boosting performance?

It seems that nagios don't do the best job at taking the hardware to its
real limits.

When I have more than, say, 10k checks, I start seen check latency rises and
there just isn't anything that could be done, even distributed monitoring
have the nagios.cmd write-lock bottleneck.

I'm asking if there is by design that nagios don't thrases the server when
the number of checks reaches certain limits.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you