Monitor network traffic

Kumar, Ashish xml.devel at gmail.com
Thu May 13 17:39:07 CEST 2010

Currently RHEL5.4, but it would be good to have the option for Debian (3/4),
> AIX, HPUX (RISC & Itanium, both 11.23/11.31), Solaris, and zLinux (Suse11).
>

> However none of these are a requirement – more of nice option….

I have written plugins for AIX and Sun Solaris.  I will try tomorrow morning
for HP-UX.

For Red Hat I am facing a little problem.  Apparently there is no way to
figure out the NIC's speed (e.g. 100Mbps, 1Gbps) as a non-privileged user
(mii-tool, ethtool).  I will share the plugins once I finish with it.