Monitor network traffic

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Thu May 13 17:41:41 CEST 2010

Wow

That would be great, thanks.

From: Kumar, Ashish [mailto:xml.devel at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:39 PM
To: Brian O'Mahony
Cc: Nagios Users List
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Monitor network traffic

Currently RHEL5.4, but it would be good to have the option for Debian (3/4), AIX, HPUX (RISC & Itanium, both 11.23/11.31), Solaris, and zLinux (Suse11).

However none of these are a requirement - more of nice option....

I have written plugins for AIX and Sun Solaris.  I will try tomorrow morning for HP-UX.

For Red Hat I am facing a little problem.  Apparently there is no way to figure out the NIC's speed (e.g. 100Mbps, 1Gbps) as a non-privileged user (mii-tool, ethtool).  I will share the plugins once I finish with it.