Rsyslog monitoring

Jelle Smet nagios at smetj.net
Mon May 3 11:28:24 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I just released MoLog which enables you to monitor a rsyslog database for

syslog entries which should end up as warnings or criticals in a

Nagios/Core based setup.

Have a look at http://www.smetj.net/wiki/Molog

It has following features:

* A stand alone daemon with builtin web server.

* Works together with a centralized rsyslog/mysql setup using the

Monitorware db schema.

* Submits results directly to the command pipe or through NSCAweb

* Only submits results passively when matches occur.

* Assign a syslog priority to the monitoring warning or critical alert

category.

* Exclude syslog entries from the monitoring warning or critical status

using regular expressions.

* Apply regular expressions on a global or per host basis.

* Remove open alerts from the web interface and update monitoring

automatically through passive check results.

* No DB records are altered when removing alerts.

* No additional database required for Molog itself.

* Builtin tweakable queue which buffers passive check results when they

can't be delivered.

* MoLog is written in Python and has its own built in web server

(Cherrypy) and queue manager.

It might be helpful to one of you.

* my apologies if this is a double post but the previous message didn't

came through*

Jelle Smet

http://www.smetj.net