Monitoring SMTP Authentication

Stephen H. Dawson service at shdawson.com
Sun May 2 21:09:38 CEST 2010

Thank you very much.

Kindly,
SHD

  _____

From: Assaf Flatto [mailto:nagios at flatto.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 15:04 E/T
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Monitoring SMTP Authentication

Stephen H. Dawson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have a Nagios server setup to send mail through our ISP's email
> server.  The ISP uses SMTP authentication.  The ISP has been pretty
> flakey lately in keeping their email server up and running, to send
> emails for their customers, in this geographic region.
>
> We would like to setup a Nagios check to watch the
> SMTP authentication.  Sometimes they change their ports...among other
> problems.  If we can get a check running, we can see the alert in the
> Nagios GUI that there is a problem, though we (of course) would not
> receive the email that there is a problem.
>
> Not sure where to start with this check.  Looking for best practices
> and, hopefully, a code example.
>

> Thank You,
> SHD
Try starting here:

http://nagiosplugins.org/man/check_smtp

This my give you all the details and ways to do what you need

--
Never , Ever Cut a Deal With a Dragon

any issue.

  _____

avast!  <http://www.avast.com> Antivirus: Inbound message clean.

Virus Database (VPS): 100502-0, 05/02/2010
Tested on: 05/2/2010 15:08 E/T