check_snmp does not provide performance data ??

Michael Schwartzkopff misch at multinet.de
Mon Mar 29 15:08:03 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 29. März 2010 15:01:50 schrieb Jatin Davey:
> Well , when i use the complete OID path i get the performance data , Say
> instead of using
>
> hrSWRunPerfMem if use 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.5.1.1.2
>
> Then it works fine and the performance data is collected for the specific
> process of interest.
>
> I dont know why it does not do so if the OID name is not resolved ?
> Anyone knows please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Jatin
>
> On 3/29/2010 5:15 PM, Jatin Davey wrote:
> > Ok , here go the version of the plugin used taken from the help page of
> > the plugin:
> >
> > [root at pc-fedora-1 libexec]# ./check_snmp --help
> > check_snmp v1.4.14 (nagios-plugins 1.4.14)
> > Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Nagios Plugin Development Team
> > <nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
> >
> > Check status of remote machines and obtain system information via SNMP
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jatin

> >> I don't know which version you are using. My output is:
> >> ./check_snmp -H 192.168.xxx.4 -C xxx -o hrSWRunPerfMem.2
> >>
> >> SNMP OK - 0 KBytes | HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSWRunPerfMem.2=0 KBytes

> > ::: reporting any issue. Messages without supporting info will risk being
> > ::: sent to /dev/null

> ::: reporting any issue. Messages without supporting info will risk being
> ::: sent to /dev/null

Perhaps your snmp command does not read in that MIB. try the "-m ALL" option.
Greetings,
--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: misch at multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42