Recommended nice level for NRPE?

Jelle Smet nagios at smetj.net
Mon Mar 29 15:06:03 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I have a bunch of processing hosts, which consume all their
cpu resources when working. This is normal, by design.

As a result I
often get timeouts for certain checks. I have set my global nrpe timeout on
30 seconds, which is already quite high.
Do you have any experience with
setting/resetting the nicelevel for the nrpe daemon?
Is there a recommended
setting?

Thanks,
--