Nagios Appender

Marc Powell lists at xodus.org
Mon Mar 29 14:46:14 CEST 2010

On Mar 29, 2010, at 7:17 AM, Raymond Setchfield wrote:

> Mar 29 07:18:37 centos-64bit nsca[14735]: SERVICE CHECK -> Host Name: 'centos-64bit', Service Description: 'HelloWorldApplication', Return Code: '0', Output: 'server: centos-64bit: Application Errors Cleared '

> Mar 29 07:18:37 centos-64bit nagios: EXTERNAL COMMAND: PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;centos-64bit;HelloWorldApplication;0;server: centos-64bit: Application Errors Cleared
> Mar 29 07:18:37 centos-64bit nagios: Warning:  Passive check result was received for service 'HelloWorldApplication' on host 'centos-64bit', but the host could not be found!

> My question is the host not set issue. Is jboss complaining or nagios? Should I be looking at jboss or nagios for the miss-configuration issue?

It's nagios complaining. For every passive result host/service combination you're going to be using, you must have a matching host and service definition within nagios. You need a host{} definition for host_name 'centos-64-bit' and a service{} definition for service_description 'HelloWorldApplicatin' for host_name 'centos-64bit' for this check result to be handled.