Nagios and NSCA for HPUX

Nair vmanojv at rediffmail.com
Wed Mar 10 19:42:09 CET 2010

Hi Shanku

Thank you for response.

I cud make thru the active monitoring up thru nrpe. But stuggling to get NSCA compile.

#./configure

checking for gcc... gcc

checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Extract from config.log

---

/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libintl.so'.

./configure[1786]: 26345 Killed

configure:1788: $? = 137

configure:1811: checking for C compiler default output file name

configure:1814: gcc    conftest.c  >&5

/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unable to find library 'libintl.so'.

./configure[1815]: 26354 Killed

Any clue about these errors?

Thank you

Nair

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 23:44:34 +0530  wrote

>I would say go ahead ! install it if you bump somewhere just drop an email again someone will definitely help.

I started in the same manner! but be sure to do this on test first rather than in production directly (its a suggestion).