check_openmanage: "Failed to load external entity" with OMSA v5.3.0 on 2003

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Tue Mar 9 18:10:07 CET 2010

"C. Bensend" <benny at bennyvision.com> writes:

>    I am working my way through some more Windows NSClient++
> installs, and I've hit a 2003 server that is not happy with
> check_openmanage (please forgive the horrible formatting):
>

> C:\Program Files\NSClient++>check_openmanage -e -p -b
> bat_charge=ALL/ctrl_fw=ALL
> /ctrl_driver=ALL --omreport F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin\omreport.exe
>
> I/O warning : failed to load external entity
> "E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/
> omclpr.xsl"
> error
> xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse
> E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/omclpr.
> xsl
> I/O warning : failed to load external entity
> "E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/
> omclpr.xsl"
> error
> xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse
> E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/omclpr.
> xsl
> I/O warning : failed to load external entity
> "E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/
> omclpr.xsl"
> error
> xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse
> E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/omclpr.
> xsl
> Couldn't close filehandle for command
> '"F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin\omreport.exe"
> -? 2>&1':
> Problem running 'omreport storage controller': Error! XML Transformation
> failed
> Problem running 'omreport chassis memory': Error! XML Transformation failed
> Problem running 'omreport chassis fans': Error! XML Transformation failed
> Problem running 'omreport chassis pwrsupplies': Error! XML Transformation
> failed
>
> Problem running 'omreport chassis temps': Error! XML Transformation failed
> Problem running 'omreport chassis processors': Error! XML Transformation
> failed
> Problem running 'omreport chassis volts': Error! XML Transformation failed
> Problem running 'omreport chassis batteries': Error! XML Transformation
> failed
> Problem running 'omreport chassis pwrmonitoring': Error! XML
> Transformation fail
> ed
> Couldn't close filehandle for command
> '"F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin\omreport.exe"
> chassis pwrmonitoring -fmt ssv':
> Problem running 'omreport chassis intrusion': Error! XML Transformation
> failed
> Couldn't close filehandle for command
> '"F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin\omreport.exe"
> system esmlog -fmt ssv':
> ------ SYSTEM: N/A, SN: N/A
>

>    *** Note that I specified F: for the path to OMSA, and the output
> is complaining about an external entity in E:.  That is not a typo.
>
>    This is OMSA version 5.3.0 which I have dozens of, and this is
> the first time I've seen this.
>
>    This host is a DC, so while I believe it's probably a case of
> "uninstall OMSA and re-install OMSA", I'm hoping someone has seen
> this before and I can avoid the reboot.

> [...]

I've seen XML errors from OpenManage when probing disks with broken
firmware, but this seems to be something else. Do you get the same XML
errors when you run the failing commands manually on the server? If so,
I'm afraid there isn't much check_openmanage can do about it.

A reinstall of OpenManage is probably the next logical step..

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo