check_openmanage: "Failed to load external entity" with OMSA v5.3.0 on 2003

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Tue Mar 9 17:40:03 CET 2010

Hey folks,

   I am working my way through some more Windows NSClient++
installs, and I've hit a 2003 server that is not happy with
check_openmanage (please forgive the horrible formatting):

C:\Program Files\NSClient++>check_openmanage -e -p -b
bat_charge=ALL/ctrl_fw=ALL
/ctrl_driver=ALL --omreport F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin\omreport.exe

I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/
omclpr.xsl"
error
xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse
E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/omclpr.
xsl
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/
omclpr.xsl"
error
xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse
E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/omclpr.
xsl
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/
omclpr.xsl"
error
xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse
E:/dellopenmanage/xslroot/oma/cli/omclpr.
xsl
Couldn't close filehandle for command
'"F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin\omreport.exe"
-? 2>&1':
Problem running 'omreport storage controller': Error! XML Transformation
failed
Problem running 'omreport chassis memory': Error! XML Transformation failed
Problem running 'omreport chassis fans': Error! XML Transformation failed
Problem running 'omreport chassis pwrsupplies': Error! XML Transformation
failed

Problem running 'omreport chassis temps': Error! XML Transformation failed
Problem running 'omreport chassis processors': Error! XML Transformation
failed
Problem running 'omreport chassis volts': Error! XML Transformation failed
Problem running 'omreport chassis batteries': Error! XML Transformation
failed
Problem running 'omreport chassis pwrmonitoring': Error! XML
Transformation fail
ed
Couldn't close filehandle for command
'"F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin\omreport.exe"
chassis pwrmonitoring -fmt ssv':
Problem running 'omreport chassis intrusion': Error! XML Transformation
failed
Couldn't close filehandle for command
'"F:\dellopenmanage\oma\bin\omreport.exe"
system esmlog -fmt ssv':
------ SYSTEM: N/A, SN: N/A

   *** Note that I specified F: for the path to OMSA, and the output
is complaining about an external entity in E:.  That is not a typo.

   This is OMSA version 5.3.0 which I have dozens of, and this is
the first time I've seen this.

   This host is a DC, so while I believe it's probably a case of
"uninstall OMSA and re-install OMSA", I'm hoping someone has seen
this before and I can avoid the reboot.

   Trond?  Anyone?

Thanks much!

Benny

--
"Show me on the doll where the marketing touched you."
                               -- "Mally" on Fazed.net