Can we change the IP address of the Linux box after installing Nagios.

Stuart Browne stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Mon Mar 8 22:56:15 CET 2010

Nagios its self doesn't care what the IP address of the box it's installed on is.

If you are using passive submissions from remote hosts (NSCA), then those hosts will need to know that the Nagios server has moved.

If you are using only active checks for remote hosts (NRPE), then the NRPE configuration may need updating for the check_nrpe requests to be accepted.

Otherwise, you can go ahead and change it without any issues.

Stuart J. Browne
Senior Unix Administrator, Network Administrator
AusRegistry Pty Ltd
Level 8, 10 Queens Road
Melbourne. Victoria. Australia. 3004.
Ph:  +61 3 9866 3710
Fax: +61 3 9866 1970
Email: stuart.browne at ausregistry.com.au
Web: www.ausregistry.com.au

The information contained in this communication is intended for the named recipients only. It is subject to copyright and may contain legally privileged and confidential information and if you are not an intended recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error, please delete all copies from your system and notify us immediately.