check_openmanage: Use of uninitialized value in sprintf at /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_openmanage

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Fri Jun 25 19:20:28 CEST 2010

Max Williams <Max.Williams at mflow.com> writes:

> Both of the new enclosures show the same output so perhaps these just
> have a different configuration to the others we have here.

Yes. I suspect that the is related to one EMM not being installed. My
guess is that the inactive temperature sensor is located in the EMM, but
there is no way to tell since neither the omreport output nor the SNMP
output reveals the location of the temperature sensors. Or perhaps the
EMM is needed to activate the sensor. We always order our MD1000s with 2
EMMs, so this is something that I haven't had the opportunity to test.

I have created a test version for you to try. This version should:

  * report inactive temperature sensors as OK
  * report EMMs with state "Not Installed" as OK

In addition it checks that the reading from the sensors are in fact
digits before attempting to print the values.

The test version is located here:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/beta/

Try it with the '-d' option to see that it reports these things
properly.

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo