Using PNP4Nagios

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon Jun 21 13:32:00 CEST 2010

On 21 June 2010 03:56, Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> I'm testing PNP4Nagios, but for some reason I'm just looking graphics
> for services in the Nagios server. For the rest of the remote hosts,
> when I click on the some red star, I get something like this:
>
> Initalising
> (OK) Using /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/
> (OK) RRDTool /usr/bin/rrdtool found.
> (OK) RRDTool /usr/bin/rrdtool is executable
> (OK) PHP Function proc_open is enabled
> (OK) PHP Function fpassthru is enabled
> (OK) PHP Function xml_parser_create is enabled
> (OK) PHP zlib Support found.
> (OK) PHP GD Support found.
> (OK) RRD Base Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/ found.
> (OK) Hostname Router is set.
> (!)  Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/alderamin not found.
>
> Where Alderamin is the hostname. In the service status interface, the
> Nagios server shows no red stars for the host or for services. However I
> can access their information through the following URL:
>
> http://ws1/nagios/pnp/index.php
>

> These are the lines I've in /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg for
> pnp4nagios:
>

> broker_module=/usr/local/nagios/bin/npcdmod.o
>
> process_performance_data=1
> enable_environment_macros=1
>
> host_perfdata_command=process-host-perfdata
> service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata
>

> In /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/mynet.cfg I added "srv-pnp" to the
> service definitions in the directive "use" and I added "host-pnp" to the
> directive "use" in the hosts definitions. Also, I'm using
> "process_perf_data 0" in both hosts and services definitions.

The srv-pnp and host-pnp templates will set the process_perf_data
directive like so:

  process_perf_data   1

If you override this by setting process_perf_data to 0 in the host or
service definition, this will stop PNP from generating the graph!

I recommend you remove the line which says "process_perf_data 0" from
those service and host definitions in "mynet.cfg" which use the
srv-pnp and host-pnp template.

I hope that helps,

Jim