Using PNP4Nagios

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Mon Jun 21 04:56:42 CEST 2010

Hi, all!

I'm testing PNP4Nagios, but for some reason I'm just looking graphics
for services in the Nagios server. For the rest of the remote hosts,
when I click on the some red star, I get something like this:

Initalising
(OK) Using /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/
(OK) RRDTool /usr/bin/rrdtool found.
(OK) RRDTool /usr/bin/rrdtool is executable
(OK) PHP Function proc_open is enabled
(OK) PHP Function fpassthru is enabled
(OK) PHP Function xml_parser_create is enabled
(OK) PHP zlib Support found.
(OK) PHP GD Support found.
(OK) RRD Base Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/ found.
(OK) Hostname Router is set.
(!)  Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/alderamin not found.

Where Alderamin is the hostname. In the service status interface, the
Nagios server shows no red stars for the host or for services. However I
can access their information through the following URL:

http://ws1/nagios/pnp/index.php

These are the lines I've in /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg for
pnp4nagios:

broker_module=/usr/local/nagios/bin/npcdmod.o

process_performance_data=1
enable_environment_macros=1

host_perfdata_command=process-host-perfdata
service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata

In /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/mynet.cfg I added "srv-pnp" to the
service definitions in the directive "use" and I added "host-pnp" to the
directive "use" in the hosts definitions. Also, I'm using
"process_perf_data 0" in both hosts and services definitions.

In /usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/templates.cfg I added the following
definitions:

# DGB - 20100620
define host {
  name       host-pnp
  register   0
  action_url /nagios/pnp/index.php?host=$HOSTNAME$
}

define service {
  name       srv-pnp
  register   0
  action_url /nagios/pnp/index.php?host=$HOSTNAME$&srv=$SERVICEDESC$
}

And in /usr/local/nagios/etc/object/commands.cfg I replace the existing
definitions of process-host-perfdata and process-service-perfdata for
the following:

define command {
  command_name    process-service-perfdata
  command_line    /usr/bin/perl
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/process_perfdata.pl
}

define command {
  command_name    process-host-perfdata
  command_line    /usr/bin/perl
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/process_perfdata.pl -d HOSTPERFDATA
}

Am I doing something wrong or I am forgetting some step?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37