Looking for an alternative user interface with more advanced features

Trisha Hoang trisha at rockyou.com
Tue Jun 15 19:14:14 CEST 2010

There are times that we need to take couple of hosts from *multiple*
hostgroups for upgrade/testing. It gets to be time consuming commiting
downtime for 20+ hosts one by one. Nagios only has features for either
hostgroups and/or servicegroups but not a listing of nodes where users can
pick and choose which hosts and services to enable/disable/downtime.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Matt Simmons <standalone.sysadmin at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Do you mean that you can't do it if you go to Services or Hosts, or
> you mean that you really do want to disable notifications and downtime
> for *truly* random hosts? Because I don't think there's a whole lot of
> use cases matching that.
>
> --Matt
>

> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Trisha Hoang <trisha at rockyou.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > There are times when I need to disable notifications or submit downtime
> for
> > *random* hosts/services that don't belong to any particular
> > hostgroups/servicegroups, and the standard Nagios UI doesn't have this
> kind
> > of feature.
> > Would you recommend some tools out there that are stable, easy to
> install,
> > easy to use, that have some of the more advanced features?
> > Thank you.
> > Trisha

> reporting
> > any issue.
> >

> --
> LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
> COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.

> reporting any issue.

Trisha Hoang | IT/Operations | Rockyou, Inc. | Phone: 408-472-3989 | AIM:
rockyoutrisha