Advice on setting up escalations

Mike A. Leonetti mikealeonetti at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:51:09 CEST 2010

Because people say that I go about things in a too complicated way,
rather than just posting what I want to do I'd like to try posting my
goal :D.

The goal is this:
- "Account managers" get alerts of only their clients (which consist of
certain hosts and all of their services) during work hours
- "On-call technicians" get alerts of only clients after hours.
- "Escalation team" gets alerts of all clients 24x7 but only if the
alert isn't responded to after 1 alert.
- "Nagios admin" gets alerted on all alerts

I have nagios functioning now with a 24x7 notification schedule just
notifying a group of people, but my company wanted to switch it up. Some
direction on the best way of doing this would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Mike A. Leonetti
As warm as green tea