NDO only processing some hosts

Herb J. nagios at herb-j.com
Wed Jul 14 16:05:14 CEST 2010

Unless you wish to somehow modify the source code to ignore certain
hosts (a very risky proposition unless you are good at C), I'd recommend
against trying to limit the number of hosts that NDO puts in the
database. Also, having that many services in NDO shouldn't be an issue
with the hardware you are running (we have almost 7 times as many hosts
and services in our Nagios installation and NDO doesn't take any time to
save the data).

There are a number of database optimizations that can be done to the
MySQL database tables. For starters, make sure all of your tables are
using InnoDB instead of MyISAM. Secondly, you may wish to lower the
amount of time that NDO saves some of the various metrics (e.g., service
check data) because smaller tables are easier to prune old data from.
And depending on the data you need exported, you may also wish to modify
the "data_processing_options directive in the NDO config file. Depending
on how you extract the data from the NDO database, you may need to add
an extra table index here and there to speed things up.