checks per host

Kyle Bader kyle.bader at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 20:24:58 CEST 2010

> I'm trying to get a sense of what's normal for the number of checks per
> host.

If you had a data set of information on Nagios installations you may
find an average service checks/hosts ratio but I don't really
understand the purpose.  People are going to want to monitor different
things and at different scales the number of things that they can
checked per host may be limited because of the sheer number of hosts
and the nagios server(s) ability to process them.  If your service
checks are all being performed in a timely fashion then I wouldn't
worry about checking too many things.  If you find yourself wishing
you had a nagios alert for something, add a service check and see if
the nagios servers(s) are still able to process their checks
satisfactorily.

--

Kyle