Trouble with latency

Herb J. nagios at herb-j.com
Tue Jul 6 16:40:38 CEST 2010

You may wish to periodically off-load the historical data to a second
database and clean up the primary one periodically. Having a smaller
database would help immensely when NDO periodically truncates old data.

Also, make sure that you have the proper database table indexes created.
Also consider converting the tables to InnoDB. The default install of
NDO doesn't have things fully optimized as well as it should be for
large installations. Missing indexes would also cause MySQL to hang
while searching the tables for old data to remove, and with MyISAM the
table would be locked during the delete.