CGI timezone versus Nagios timezone

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 28 17:13:30 CET 2010

On Jan 28, 2010, at 9:11 AM, Casey Allen Shobe wrote:

> Personally, I don't really care what the server thinks the time zone is - I just want local times to show up in the CGI interface.  I did not see any setting in cgi.cfg to do this - how can I go about changing the time zone displayed in the CGI interface without changing the serverwide time zone?

>From nagios.cfg --

# TIMEZONE OFFSET
# This option is used to override the default timezone that this
# instance of Nagios runs in.  If not specified, Nagios will use
# the system configured timezone.
#
# NOTE: In order to display the correct timezone in the CGIs, you
# will also need to alter the Apache directives for the CGI path
# to include your timezone.  Example:
#
#   <Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
#      SetEnv TZ "Australia/Brisbane"
#   </Directory>

#use_timezone=US/Mountain
#use_timezone=Australia/Brisbane