check_openmanage 3.5.5-beta6 snmp_detect_blade bug

McKinlay, Ken Ken.McKinlay at curtisswright.com
Tue Jan 19 19:27:07 CET 2010

Trond,

Other little bug for your next release. Using check_openmanage
3.5.5-beta6 on a server loaded with OMSA 5.1.0 (a different box this
time), in the snmp_detect_blade function it returned: "INTERNAL ERROR:
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
./check_openmanage-3.5.5-beta6 line 599."

Looking at the line and then doing my own SNMP query, that OID is
missing in OMSA 5.1.0. However, by changing line 599 to first make sure
a result has been set then the uninitialized value error is bypassed in
the if statement:

if ( $result->{$DellBaseBoardType} && $result->{$DellBaseBoardType} eq
'3') {

Ken

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have reason to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and destroy this email and any attached files. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Curtiss-Wright Corporation or any of its subsidiaries.  Documents attached hereto may contain technology subject to government export regulations. Recipient is solely responsible for ensuring that any re-export, transfer or disclosure of this information is in accordance with applicable government export regulations.  The recipient should check this e-mail and
  any attachments for the presence of viruses. Curtiss-Wright Corporation and its subsidiaries accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.