Nagios Capacity

Binbin Wang binbin.b.wang at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:02:23 CET 2010

Hi all

I have one question about nagios capacity, According to my investigation, nagios server's capacity is about 3000 items. For example, 1000 hosts are defined on nagios servers, and every host offer 3 services monitoring, so total 3000 items are on one nagios server. If item quantity is beyond 3000, nagios performance will dramatically decline. Could someone give me the offical quantity about nagios capacity? thanks a lot.

Wang Binbin

http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_2:092009