Nagios Integration with IBM TEC ( Tivoli )

steve f a31modela at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 15:07:17 CET 2010

Hello,

We have IBM TEC ( Tivoli Enterprise Console) for alot of our current monitoring.

Does anyone have any experience / history integrating Nagios with IBM TEC?

We use postd messages to get the info from the clients back to TEC.  Can Nagios read the postd messages?  I guess I could somehow use a passive check to do this correct ??

Would Nagios be considered a viable replacement for TEC?  I have not been able to find any Marketing type of info as far as Nagios as a replacement for other monitoring solutions.

Thanks,
Steve