Check_openmanage

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Thu Jan 7 19:39:29 CET 2010

Jack Lyons <jack1729 at hotmail.com> writes:

> Just another feature request.....I would like to make the host name an
> html clickable link to the https://servername:1311 Open Manage web
> interface.  I thought about wrapping the open manage check to do it,
> but seemed kind of kludgy.

Yes, that could easily be done. But the reason that I haven't
implemented something like that is that this is exactly the kind of
thing that the action_url is for, like this:

define host {
    host_name       myhost.example.org
    alias           myhost
    address         10.0.0.1
    use             generic-host
    hostgroup_name  dell-hardware
    contact_groups  spam at example.org
    action_url      https://$HOSTNAME$:1311/
}

If you have the DRACs set up with deterministic host names based on the
server host name, e.g. 'servername-drac', you can use the DRAC web
address instead. I think that the action_url approach is cleaner, as
some people (like me) don't have the openmanage web interface set
up. You can alternatively use notes_url if you've already used up
action_url.

PS. I wish that Nagios had a more generic alternative, i.e. something
really useful.

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo