Ndo2DB and Check for network traffic

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Feb 15 16:27:59 CET 2010

On Feb 15, 2010, at 9:15 AM, shadih rahman wrote:

> Marc,
>     I have similar question about cricket.  We use cricket to poll network related data.  However I have not found a way to poll once in nagios and use the data for cricket.  Currently (for many devices), I do snmp poll twice, one for nagios, one for cricket.  Do you have any suggestion as to poll once and have the data available for both system.  Thanks

No, I don't. The bandwidth necessary to do the polling is so minimal that there's never been a need to consider it. Additionally, cricket polls so many more things than we care about to monitor in Nagios that it doesn't make sense for us to poll just with nagios. Finally, cricket is just much better at doing that kind of polling than nagios is because that's what it was designed to do.

--
Marc