[OT]Network speed test

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Fri Feb 12 19:20:23 CET 2010

This isn't a nagios question so much as a general network diagnostic
question, but since nagios is all about network monitoring and
diagnostics, I figured it was likely someone here would know the
answer. I am looking for a tool for testing network speeds on our
"local" network, similar to internet speed sites. The difference being
that I need something I can install somewhere on our local network so
we can get site-to-site results between our main hub and our
outstations. The idea being to test the actual speed we are getting
over our private links. This wouldn't necessarily need to integrate
with Nagios however, as it would just be for periodic spot checks -
thus the OT label. Thanks.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.