Passive checks show "red" in tactical overview

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Tue Feb 9 19:53:13 CET 2010

I have many services that are passively monitored. They have a
check_command defined, but, like my SNMP trap catcher service, it only
fires when it's time to check freshness.

All these services show up as "X Services Disabled" in the "Active
Checks" area of the tactical overview screen, as though this was a
problem. However, this is normal, and I don't want to see any "red"
areas on the overview. (I want _any_ red on that screen to mean,
"PANIC!")

Can anyone tell me how to make Nagios ignore this? Also, these same
services have flapping detection disabled, so, same thing for that as
well.

Or, rather, is the only way to get rid of this to go ahead and enable
the active_check command, probably on a lengthy interval time?

Thanks,
dk