Scheduled downtime for 1 host and its services

Martin Melin martinm at op5.org
Mon Feb 8 22:39:52 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Jelle Smet <nagios at smetj.net> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm using Nagios 3.2.0 and have a question about scheduled downtimes which
> I can't find in the docs.
>
> If I schedule downtime for a host, does this automatically schedule
> downtime for all the host services too?

No, but notifications are suppressed for services whose hosts are in
scheduled downtime.

If so, why isn't there the ZZzzz icon next to these services?

Because they are not technically in scheduled downtime.

> Will scheduled downtime for a host also make sure this doesn't impact the
> availability report of the services?

No.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Jelle

Scheduling downtime in vanilla Nagios can be a major pain. It is much easier
if you define host and service groups though, because then you can use the
extinfo.cgi to for example "schedule downtime for all services in this
servicegroup, and all their hosts too".

--
Martin Melin

http://www.op5.org/