Nagios 3.0.5 problem

Rick Mangus rick.mangus+nagios at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 21:59:56 CET 2010

Patrick:

The check results are being written to a ramdisk, so I think we're
safe on that.  :(

I am now starting to examine what happens when nagios sends perfdata
to service_perfdata_command.  In the case of perfparse, it is a perl
script that opens a named pipe for appending, and tacks the perfdata
on the end.  That leaves an option for blocking i/o that should exit
in 5 seconds due to the perfdata_timeout, but should happen
~2000x/minute.

While I think I can tweak the database performance or queue my
perfdata logging, I still think there's something inelegant about
that. On the other hand, once it works, I'll stop spending my time
writing test scripts and sql queries.

--Rick

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Morris, Patrick <patrick.morris at hp.com> wrote:

<snip>