Customizing notifications

Chip Burke cburke at innova-partners.com
Wed Feb 3 23:51:41 CET 2010

I have a request to "plain English"-ify my notifications. One item I have
been asked for is when the service state changes, to report the duration of
the previous service state.

Example: HTTP is now OK after 00:02:35 of down time.

Is there an easy way to do this? It seems Nagios doesn't offer a Last State
Duration macro, so I am assuming this is going to be a matter of some sort
of custom scripting. Has anyone had experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks!

Chip Burke