check_openmanage having issues with OMSA 6.2.0

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Mon Feb 1 20:03:35 CET 2010

"C. Bensend" <benny at bennyvision.com> writes:

> Hey folks,
>
>    During this past weekend's maintenance window, we upgraded several
> hosts to OMSA v6.2.0.  They were previously at v5.0.0, and so
> check_openmanage wasn't able to poll them.
>
>    Now, they are still showing as UNKNOWN, giving the following
> error:
>

> Problem running 'omreport storage controller': Error!  Invalid
> name=value pair: controller
>

>    This is running on a Dell PowerEdge 1950, with the following
> command via NSClient++:
>

> check_openmanage.exe -e -b bat_charge=ALL/ctrl_fw=ALL/ctrl_driver=ALL
> --omreport E:\OpenManage\oma\bin\omreport.exe
>

>    I would have thought 6.2.0 would be OK - is anyone else seeing
> issues, or does anyone know of incompatibilities?  I checked the
> check_openmanage FAQ, but didn't see anything...

Hi Benny,

The command 'omreport storage controller' is pretty basic and should
never fail like that. You should check if OMSA is correctly installed,
specifically the storage stuff. OMSA consists of many different
components, and I'm guessing that the storage component(s) are missing
on your server.

If you run the command manually, you get the same error message, right?

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo